Artist: Lucy Ann Polk
Album: Cool & Groovy: The Definitive Collection
Label: Jasmine Records
Year Of Release: 2021
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
01. Come with Me My Honey
02. Dance with a Dolly
03. I Found a Million Dollar Baby
04. Snoqualimie Jo Jo
06. Kiss Me Hello
07. The Snail Song
08. One Meat Ball
09. Please Don’t Play Number Six Tonight
11. Where the River Shannon Flows
12. Monkey, Monkey (Bottle of Beer)
13. Easy Street
14. You’re the Cause of It All
15. On the Wrong Side of You
16. I Don’t Wanna Do It Alone
17. Coffee Time
18. Love on a Greyhound Bus
19. Waitin’ for the Train to Come In
20. Just A-Sittin’ and A-Rockin’
21. You Won’t Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart)
22. Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya Huh?
23. The Frim Fram Sauce
24. Penthouse Serenade
25. The Talk of the Town
26. The One I Love (Belongs to Someone Else)
27. Ain’t Misbehavin’
28. He’s Funny That Way
29. I’ll Be There
30. Deep Valley
31. Just an Old Love of Mine
32. Baby, Baby All the Time
33. You Know What the Trouble Is, Baby
34. Down by the Station
35. Waitin’ at the Station
36. Don’t Do Something to Someone Else
37. Crazy He Calls Me
38. If I Knew You Were Coming I’d ‘ve Baked a Cake
39. It’s so Nice to Have a Man Around the House
40. Thirsty for Your Kisses
41. I’ll Be Around
42. (With You) Where You Are
43. Very Good Advice
44. ‘Twas Brillig
45. In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening
46. Love Letters in the Sand
47. Let It Be
48. I’ll Never Let You Cry
49. Who’s Excited
50. (Why Have a Falling Out) Just When We’re Falling in Love
51. My Heart Belongs to Daddy
52. Back in Your Own Backyard
53. It’s Better to Give Than to Receive
54. Drive Safely Darlin’
The first-ever compilation of Lucy Ann Polk’s recorded works from 1944 to 1956, a whopping 54 tracks, culled from 5 different record labels!
This comprehensive collection includes all of her hits with the bands of Bob Crosby, Kay Kyser, Tommy Dorsey and Les Brown, plus two previously unreleased sides with The Town Criers and an incredibly rare ‘Music Survey Recording’ that was only issued to disc jockeys.
Aside from her commercial releases, this set features a generous sampling of her Armed Forces Radio Service (AFRS) recordings that heretofore were only heard by servicemen during WW II.
Featuring the classic jazz arrangements of George Duning, Skip Martin and Jerry Fielding.
Includes a detailed discography packed with recording dates, matrix numbers and songwriter credits.
Voted the top ‘Girl Singer’ in Downbeat’s yearly reader poll for 4 years in a row during the early 1950s. At the same time she was in the top 15 of Metronome Magazine’s poll of female singers.
A long overdue tribute to an under-rated vocalist from the glory days of popular song!